This recipe is a MUST if you like burgers and LOVE salmon! I first saw these on Balancewithb 's post on Instagram and I immediately wanted to have them! I completely forgot about them until today and decided to use the rest of my left-over salmon to make these tasty burgers! I didn't have all the ingredients she used so I modified it to make my own version and they turned out INSANELY good!
1 cup cooked salmon (I baked/broiled mine in the oven using lemon, avocado oil, smoked paprika, and turmeric)
1/4 cup bread crumbs (I used Breadsrsly)
1/4 cup chopped basil (or your choice of herb)
1 tsp -1 tbsp lemon juice (depending on preference)
a pinch of sea salt and black pepper (or more depending on preference)
1. Mash the salmon in a bowl until it looks like the tuna from a can
2. Add the egg, bread crumbs, basil and mix
3. Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper
4. Heat your pan (I used a cast iron skillet) and add your oil (I used avocado oil)
5. Form the mixture into round patties (should make about 3-4 patties total)
6. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown
I made these patties one evening when I was starving after a long workout and it only took me about 30 minutes to prep. I toasted some gluten-free sourdough buns, topped them with cilantro basil and tomatoes then added my patty. After finishing my burger, I ate the rest of the patties with some mustard! They were just too good! I think that these burgers would definitely be tasty with some avocado as well or any other topping you choose to add to your buns. I definitely recommend trying these burgers out for yourself and sharing the recipe with anyone you know!
WARNING: you will want to eat these all by yourself so think twice about inviting anyone over!