Grain-Free Basil Flat Bread
1 1/2 cup almond flour (I used Bobsredmill)
2 medium eggs (I used Vitalfarms)
1 handful basil leaves
1 tsp pink sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Chop basil and whisk together with the eggs, baking powder, and sea salt
2. Slowly add in flour and mix until batter thickens
3. Roll the dough in more almond flour until it no longer sticks
4. Spread dough on your baking sheet and spray the top with avocado oil
5. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F four about 20 minutes or until golden brown
This homemade flatbread is the perfect bread or toast substitution for any meal. The reason I love this recipe so much is because there are very few ingredients and yet that's what makes the taste so amazing! You could even sub any other veggie (tomatoes, kale, etc.) for the basil to make your bread how YOU like it!
I often enjoy having my bread in the mornings to help fuel me for the rest of my day! I top it off with avocados (sometimes goat cheese) and eggs for the perfect (almost) MACRO TOAST!